The configuration of the email settings for most contact forms in Joomla! 3 can be accessed by going to System > Global Configuration > Server and changing settings under Mail Settings.
The following works for Gmail / Google Suite / GSuite / Google Apps email.
To configure Joomla to use your Gmail and Google Suite / GSuite / Google Apps account, use the following settings:
- Mailer -> SMTP
- From Email -> email@example.com
- From Name -> This will be either your site name or your/the contact’s name
- SMTP Authentication -> Yes
- SMTP Security -> SSL
- SMTP Port -> 465 (Try this port first and if it doesn’t work, then try 587)
- SMTP Username -> firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMTP Password -> your password for this email address
- SMTP Host -> smtp.gmail.com
*Pro tip – make sure you save your changes and then test all your contact forms on the front end of your website – double check all these settings work and you are sending and receiving emails correctly.